Texts for publication should be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- Submitted texts must be genuine, unpublished in any other periodical. We welcome manuscripts of not more than 40 000 symbols of text (under 20 000 for post-graduate students, for the published sources and for reviews).
The article should be delivered in electronic copy as a Word document (Times New Roman, type size 14 for main text and 10 for endnotes) and in printed copy.
No automatic division of words and no special formatting of text are acceptable.
- Information about the author/authors in both Russian and English:
Name and Surname (patronymic if there is).
Place of employment, position, academic degree and/or academic rank
Contacts (mobile phone, e-mail)
- The name of the article, summary (abstracts) (200-300 words) and keywords (from 10 to 15 words) in both Russian and English are indicated obligatory. UDC code must be put above and on the left of the name of the author. It has to be appropriate to the subject of the article.
- Only endnotes with continuous numbering are acceptable. Bibliography/References must be put after the article and should be submitted in both Russian and English with transliteration from Cyrillic into Roman letters. For transliteration the BSI format is preferable. Electronic resource. Transliteration access mode: http://translit.net/en/bsi/
- Illustrative material must be black-and-white and can be submitted in “.tiff” or “.jpg” file formats with resolution 300 dpi or higher. Real dimensions of pictures have to be not less than 5*5 cm. The editor may refuse to publish insufficient illustrations.
- Authors are responsible for both accuracy of all the data, quotes, names place-names, etc. and absence of classified information unauthorized to publication.
- Submitted articles are registered. Managing editor informs the author in 60 days about acceptance, rejection or necessity of rework of manuscript.
- All the submitted articles are reviewed preliminary by members of the editorial board or by managing editor, checking compliance with these rules and absence of any plagiarism in text, illustrations, tables, etc.
- Every primary accepted manuscript pass through anonymous reviewing by any selected scholar including members of the editorial board. All peer-reviewers are acknowledged specialists on the subjects of reviewed works and have published articles on these themes throughout three last years. The reviews are kept at both the publishing house and editorial board of the journal for five years. In case of discrepancy between the content and structure of the submitted manuscript and formal requirements of the edition, the editors present the authors with reasoned refusal and commit themselves to submit copies of the reviews to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation if such inquiry would be received.
- Until publication both members of the editorial board and reviewers have no right to use texts of the articles or refer to them
Editorial board has the right to select submitted articles and to reject those with inappropriate contents and design.
Submitted articles are registered. Managing editor informs the author in 60 days about acceptance, rejection or necessity of rework of manuscript.
All the submitted articles are reviewed preliminary by members of the editorial board or by managing editor, checking compliance with these rules and absence of any plagiarism in text, illustrations, tables, etc.
Every primary accepted manuscript pass through anonymous reviewing by any selected scholar including members of the editorial board.
Until publication both members of the editorial board and reviewers have no right to use texts of the articles or refer to them
- All the articles received by the editorial board are liable to obligatory additional peer review by expert (not more than 2 reviewers), a Doctor or Candidate having the academic specialization closest to the article’s subject. All the reviewers should be renowned specialists in the sphere of the reviewed materials, and have publications on the topic of the reviewed article in the recent 3 years.
- Chief Editor is responsible for the quality of the peer reviews and their timeliness and determines compliances of each received manuscript with the journal profile and requirements of guidelines for authors.
- The reviewer certifies peer reviews according to procedure established in the institution where he or she works.
- The peer review process is confidential. A breach of confidentiality is acceptable only if the reviewer declares about unauthenticity or falsification of materials containing in article’s manuscript. Reviewers should prepare each review within 4–8 weeks.
- After have reviewed the manuscript reviewer makes one of the next recommendations on the future of article (every reviewer’s decision should be justified): a) article is recommended for publication in the present form; b) article is recommended for publication after correcting deficiencies noted by reviewer; c) article needs additional reviewing by other expert; d) article cannot be published in the journal. Review’s copy should be sent to the author of manuscript.
- If the peer review contains recommendations for correcting and improving the article, Chief Editor sends to the author the text of the review with a proposal to take them into account, while preparing the new version of the article, or of refuting them convincingly (partially or entirely). After the author have modified (revised) the article, Chief Editor resend it to the same reviewer who made critical remarks.
- Authors are obliged to participate in peer review process, answering on reviewers questions and correcting factual mistakes.
- A decision to refuse the publication of the manuscript should be taken at a meeting of the editorial board in accordance with the recommendations of reviewers. The article rejected by the decision of the editorial board cannot be accepted for re-examination. The denial message including complete justification must be sent to the author by e-mail.
- The reviews will be kept both in the publishing house and in the office of the editorial board during 5 years.
- Editorial board of the journal send copies of reviews in the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in case of receiving proper request.